The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission encourages the dissemination and exchange of information provided on this website.
The Commonwealth owns the copyright to all material produced by the NDIS Commission.
All material presented on this website is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Australia (CC BY 4.0 AU), with the exception of:
- The Commonwealth Coat of Arms,
- The NDIS Commission's logo,
- Content supplied by third parties, and
- Other content as specified.
The details of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons site as is the full legal code for the CC BY 4.0 AU licence:
Material obtained from this website is to be attributed to the NDIS Commission as:
© Commonwealth of Australia
Third Party Copyright
Wherever third party hold copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material.
The NDIS Commission has made all reasonable effort to:
- Clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party, and
- Ensure that the copyright owner has consented to this material being presented on this website.
Using the Commonwealth Coat of Arms
The terms under which the Coat of Arms can be used are detailed on the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
Enquiries about copyright arrangements and any use of this information can be sent to us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Phone: 1800 035 544 (free call from landlines) or TTY 133 677. Interpreters can be arranged.
- Post: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, PO Box 210, Penrith NSW 2750.
The Commonwealth accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any material contained on this site.
Additionally, the Commonwealth disclaims all liability to any person in respect of anything, and of the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon any information presented on this site.
Material on this site is made available on the understanding that the Commonwealth is not providing professional advice.
Before relying on any of the material on this site, users should obtain appropriate professional advice.
Views and recommendations of third parties, which may also be included on this site, do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth, or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
Once the NDIS Commission receives information from you via e-mail or any other means, the information is in a secure environment. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted. You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via email and otherwise over the Internet. If you have concerns in this regard, the NDIS Commission has other ways of obtaining and providing information including mail, telephone and the NDIS Commission's secure file transfer system, FilePoint. For advice about how to use FilePoint, please contact the NDIS Commission on 1800 035 544.
Clickstreams are the paths a user takes when navigating a web site and the internet in general. When you visit one of our sites, our servers record the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server (IP) address and machine name
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc)
- The date and time of visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The number of bytes transmitted and received for each request
- The previous site or page visited
- Search terms used
- Your browser type
- The address of the referring page
The NDIS Commission examines this information to determine the traffic through the server and to specific pages or applications. In order to deliver better services, we also perform statistical analysis to establish priorities and allocate resources.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs.
The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by the NDIS Commission.
This website is managed internally by the NDIS Commission
Generally we only collect personal information from the website where a person chooses to provide that information.
If you visit our website to read or download information, we may record a range of technical information which does not reveal your identity. This information includes your IP or server address, your general locality and the date and time of your visit to the website. This information is used for statistical and development purposes. No attempt is made to identify you through your browsing other than in exceptional circumstances, such as an investigation into the improper use of the website.
Some functionality of the website is not run by us and third parties may capture and store your personal information outside Australia. These third parties include (but are not limited to) Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Campaign Monitor, SurveyMonkey, and Google and may not be subject to the Privacy Act. The NDIS Commission is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties and encourages you to examine each website's privacy policies and make your own decisions regarding their reliability.
Our website contains links to other websites. The NDIS Commission is not responsible for the content and privacy practices of other websites and encourages you to examine each website's privacy policies and make your own decisions regarding the reliability of material and information found.
Cookies are used to maintain contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by the NDIS Commission and stored by your web browser software on your computer when you access the NDIS Commission website. Cookies allow the NDIS Commission to recognise an individual web user, as they browse the NDIS Commission website.
In addition to web server logs, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
NDIS Commission website linking policy
Links to other Internet sites are for your convenience. These links do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
Linking to our website
We welcome links to the NDIS Commission website. As content may be updated or moved without notice, you are encouraged to link to our homepage at www.ndiscommission.gov.au.
Providing and maintaining a link to any NDIS Commission website content signifies agreement to the following conditions of our linking policy:
- You may link to, but not replicate, content contained on the NDIS Commission website.
- You must not list NDIS Commission telephone or fax numbers or office details on your site. Please link to our Contact us webpage instead.
- Links must be presented in a way that fairly represents our role and our website material.
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site or organisation is endorsed or sponsored by us.
- All website content is subject to strict copyright conditions. You must not frame, reformat or alter files, forms, pages, information, images and materials from our website.
- You may not use our logo on your website.
- You are responsible for routinely checking any links to our website to ensure they remain accurate.
Links to other sites
Who we link to
- Government and education websites (ie .gov.au and .edu.au sites) that provide primary information sources for NDIS Commission customers and further access to community and non-profit organisations.
- In exceptional circumstances, where there is a government requirement, we may provide links to organisations outside of these domains on a case-by-case basis.
- Some technical support sites (Adobe, Microsoft, Apple) to allow users to download additional software to help them view our website content.
The NDIS Commission will not display the logos of external organisations on our website.
We use the following criteria to determine which links are placed on our website.
- is an official government operated, government funded or educational institute website;
- complements existing information on the NDIS Commission website;
- complies with required government web standards;
- is reviewed and updated regularly, and contains accurate information; and
- provides details about endorsed government information and services.
Note: The NDIS Commission is not responsible for the content displayed within third party sites. Those sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards. We are not responsible for the content or availability of those sites, their partners, or advertisers. Any link to an external site is provided for your information and convenience only and does not constitute the NDIS Commission's endorsement of those services or any associated organisations or products.
The NDIS Commission reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and solely at its discretion.