From 1 July 2019, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission started managing quality and safeguards in the Northern Territory.
Level 3, Jacana House
39-41 Woods Street
Darwin NT 0800
Open 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays
Northern Territory State Director
Válli Camara is Territory Director. Válli has over 20 years' experience working across the disability and mental health sectors in the NT in both non-government, territory and Commonwealth government. Her roles have included case management, policy, project management and senior management roles. Válli also lead the work of the NT Government to establish the restrictive practices authorisation legislation for NDIS providers in the NT.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have issued a number of alerts to registered NDIS providers across Australia.
We have also issued the following alerts only to providers in the Northern Territory:
- New requirements relating to vaccination of disability workers in the Northern Territory (15 October 2021)
- Three-day lockdown in the Greater Darwin and Katherine regions (17 August 2021)
- Northern Territory lockdown
Past provider information sessions
In March, April, and June 2019, the NDIS Commission held introductory provider information sessions in the Northern Territory.
- NDIS Commission Information Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Information Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 12 June 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to Existing Providers VIC, QLD, TAS, ACT and NT, 8 May 2019