From 1 December 2020, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission started managing quality and safeguards in Western Australia.
Our office is located at:
Level 1, 200 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have issued a number of alerts to registered NDIS providers across Australia.
We have also issued the following alerts only to providers in Western Australia:
- New requirements relating to vaccination of disability workers in Western Australia (22 October 2021)
- Perth and Peel lockdown and restrictions (29 June 2021)
- WA emergency response planning and execution (3 February 2021)
- Outbreak preparedness for Greater Perth and updated Directions (2 February 2021)
Provider information sessions
In the lead-up to the transition of Western Australia to the NDIS Commission, we held two information sessions for NDIS providers in Western Australia.
Introductory provider information session (October 2020)
In this session, Graeme Head (NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner):
- introduced and provided an overview of the NDIS Commission's role and function
- outlined the new quality and safeguarding arrangements
- explained how these will affect providers of NDIS funded services and supports in Western Australia from 1 December.
Second provider information session (November 2020)
The following topics were addressed in this session:
- Your responsibilities: An overview of provider obligations, registration and renewals, the NDIS Code of Conduct, NDIS Practice Standards, Worker Orientation and how the NDIS Commission will support providers.
- Behaviour Support, Complaints and Reportable Incidents: Information about Behaviour Support, Complaints and Reportable Incidents.
- Local WA team introductions.
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020)
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – Auslan
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – Easy Read
- NDIS Commission letter – WA participants (1 December 2020) – In your language
- NDIS Commission information letter – WA providers (10 November 2020)
- NDIS Commission information letter to existing WA providers (10 November 2020)
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter – WA providers (7 October 2020)
- NDIS Commission Introductory Letter to existing providers – WA (7 October 2020)
Links for Western Australia
Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO)
Western Australia Department of Communities
Telephone: 08 6167 8997