Disability Royal Commission
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability was announced on 4 April 2019.
The Disability Royal Commission is separate from the NDIS Commission, and has been established by the Australian Government to enquire into violence, abuse, neglect and the exploitation of people with disability. The NDIS Commission will continue to exercise all of its NDIS quality and safeguarding functions during the period that the Disability Royal Commission is in operation.
Making an enquiry or submission to the Disability Royal Commission
Enquiries and submissions must be made directly to the Disability Royal Commission:
- Website: https://disability.royalcommission.gov.au/news-and-media/media-releases/submissions-and-information-line-now-open
- Email: DRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au
- Phone: 1800 517 199 (9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday AEDT excluding public holidays)
- Mail: GPO Box 1422, Brisbane QLD 4001
Making a complaint to the NDIS Commission
Current complaints about the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services can be made to the NDIS Commission.
- Telephone: 1800 035 544
- Text Telephone: TTY 133 677
- Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450
- National Relay Service: internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au and ask for 1800 035 544
- Online complaint contact form: www.ndiscommission.gov.au/participants/complaints
- Mail: PO Box 210, Penrith NSW 2750
Submissions to the Disability Royal Commission and complaints to the NDIS Commission can be made about the same issue.
Links to the NDIS Commission state and territory pages are below. These pages also include details for agencies responsible for the regulation of other disability services:
The Australian Government is funding free and independent counselling and advocacy support for people who are engaging with or affected by the Disability Royal Commission.
The following support services are available, and provided through agencies that are external to the Disability Royal Commission:
- Free legal advisory service
- Emotional support service
- Legal financial assistance scheme
- Advocacy services
More information about these support services are available: